Climatech is an industry-leading provider of plastic profile extrusion. Equipped with multiple extrusion lines and an in-house tooling shop, our team can produce custom profiles in various sizes from a variety of materials to suit different uses and environments.
Our Extrusion Services
Extrusion is a manufacturing process in which plastic is heated and forced through a specially shaped die. It can be used to create a wide range of plastic components, varying in size, shape, and material.
Our team offers custom extrusion capabilities for parts and products that are 1/4 in. to 9 in. in width. The components can be produced to various industry-specific tolerances, depending on their size and material, and in medium to large volumes.
In addition to our extrusion services, we also offer the following secondary services:
- Drill pressing
- Punch pressing
- Saw cutting
- Tape application
- Adhesive application
Our Extrusion Equipment and Materials
Our company houses 16 main extrusion lines with barrels that are 2 1/2, 3 1/2, and 4 1/2 in. in diameter and co-extruders with barrels that are ¾ in. and up in diameter. The lines incorporate a variety of post-extrusion equipment, including cooling systems, pullers, and cutters, which aid in the production of high-quality extruded components.
We also have an in-house tooling facility with a full machine shop, wire EDM units, and CNC equipment. It allows us to produce custom tooling with typical lead times of six to eight weeks.
We can utilize a wide range of plastic materials in our extrusion operations. We commonly work with the following:
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS)
- Acrylonitrile styrene acrylate (ASA)
- Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA)
- Hip-impact polystyrene (HIPS)
- Thermoplastic olefin/elastomer/vulcanisate (TPO/TPE/TPV)
- Rigid/flexible/chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (RPVC/FPVC/CPVC)
- Specialty composite polymers
We can also incorporate various colors, colorants, and additives to create components with specific material characteristics. Our capabilities include:
- Pre-colored compounds
- Color-matched compounds
- Compounds with metal/special metal flake colors
- Compounds with specialty additives formulated to meet specific requirements (e.g., anti-static, anti-fungal, anti-mildew, etc.)
- Compounds with processing additives
Industries and Applications Served
Our extrusions primarily find application in the window and door, appliances, and mineral processing, markets but our extrusion team can work with customers from any market.
Extrusion Solutions With Climatech
At Climatech, we put the customer first. That’s why we work to provide the best possible solutions. By partnering with us for their extrusion needs, they benefit from our:
- Short lead times. Our standard lead times are six to eight weeks for tooling and three to four weeks for production, but we can meet shorter lead time requirements if needed.
- Competitive prices. Our team helps customers identify the best-priced solution for their projects.
- High quality standards. Our quality management is ISO 9001:2015 certified, so customers can trust that they are getting high-quality extruded components. Our testing and inspection equipment includes check gauges, visual mylar overlays, calipers, tape measures, optical comparators, smart scopes, and more.
- In-house tooling capabilities. Our in-house tooling facility makes it easy for us to quickly accommodate projects that require custom tooling.
- Flexible production capacities. Our team can handle orders for production volumes ranging from medium to large.
- Tight tolerances. We can meet various tolerance requests, depending on the extrusion’s material and size.
To learn more about our extrusion capabilities or discuss your extrusion needs with one of our team members, contact us today.